Friday, June 4, 2010

We had a early start to our day today when Kate woke up at 5 AM. Ashley was quick to get her back to sleep but she woke up again along with Jack at 6. I had decided to take the kids on a longer walk today to St. James Park. This park is on the other side of the Thames river right next to Buckingham Palace, so it is a very decent walk from where we are staying to the park. The park is most known for the amount of ducks they have in the various ponds, each park in London is so different and has it's own character! Here is a little video of Jack, Kate and myself in St. James park. Take a look...


After strolling through the park, we heard some commotion in the near distance, and this is what we found! YAY!




The Changing of the Gaurds! This happens daily but it was not on our agenda, but I was so happy the kids got to see it...well Jack at least! Kate couldn't really handle all the excitment..




In the picture below you can see the London Eye, we live right behind the London Eye so you can tell how long our journey was today! And we even went further then the point that this picture was taken!


This is Buckingham Palace taken on the inside of St. James Park. SO pretty!


This was pretty scary but what is funny is the old man sitting so nonchalant by the big bird. :-) I love old people!


All that took up most of the day, and everyone with little ones knows that the day revolves around the nap schedule. Ashely has arranged for a sitter tonight so that her and I can go out on the town...I AM SO IN NEED OF IT, and so very excited! Tomorrow starts my second weekend here in London, and I am going to enjoy every minute of my freedom! I took it for granted last weekend! And might I say, all those out there with little ones I applaud you becuase it is hard work! Us single people take our freedom for granted!


I will post again tomorrow with what happened tonight and on Saturday. The kids were just taking a nap, and Kate just woke up (Jack is still sleeping) and this is what Kate looked like when she woke up....so cute.

Talk to you guys tomorrow!
Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment