Wednesday, June 16, 2010

G'Day!! Hope everyones week is going well! Half way through to the next weekend! Whaa hoo!!
Yesterday I woke up and saw that it was a beautiful day and decided to go the farthest I had gone with the kids, to the London Zoo. I was actually really excited about it because I LOVE zoo's...I'm such a kid. Half way through our journey to the zoo, Jack falls asleep which is horrible when traveling in the tub because so many times I have to take him out of the stroller for him to get out and climb up the stairs. We were almost to the zoo when he fell asleep and when I woke up him to go up the stairs he of course freaked out because he was tired. Some random guy helped me lift him and the stroller all the way up to the top of the stairs. Then when we finally made it outside it started to rain. The beautiful sunshine had gone away and storm clouds began to rumble. Ugh...but I was still determined to go to the zoo.
Long story short, zoo was fun but a bit overpriced like most of all the tourist stuff over here. Here are some pics of our journey...








He loved all of it!
Alright so the really fun time of that day was at night. I met up with Jake at Liverpool Street Train Station and we went to a pub, grabbed a drink and talked for a couple hours. Afterwards him and I met up with his friends from the past weekend and grabbed some AWESOME Indian food on Brick Lane. It is a famous part of London, known for the best Indian food. It was probably the best thing I've tasted in a long time. The funnest part about it all is that there are guys on the street trying to get you to come to their restaraunt. So you basically hagle your way and get a really awesome deal. Our deal was a appetizer, main dish, and two pints of Indian beer for 10.00 pounds....haha! So cheap!! We had a blast all together talking about the weekend and just soaking up good conversations. Ned, one of the friends we were eating with looked to his right and noticed a rat crawling up the stairs in the restaraunt. Eww...I had to really ignore it, Jake tried to keep my mind off it but I kept my eyes out for more! haha.
After dinner we all went back to one of our friends flat and hung out, talked, listened to music, and watched youtube all night! haha..I love simple nights full of conversation! I actually ended up staying there all night and didn't go to sleep at all! I left around 6 to go to work. Awesome night with awesome people makes for such a unforgetable evening.
I was so sad, because I forgot my camera that night! :-( So I didn't get any pictures of all the good times...ugh. I will not do that anymore!!
Alright people, I am going out to a Hostel tonight called the Steam Engine. I am really excited about hanging out with all the random travelers!! I WILL take my camera! :-)
Love and hugs to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment