Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hello my wonderful friends!!

Well I have finally been to Dover and am now safley back in London. The trip was so much fun, and I loved doing it by myself! The train ride to Dover was about 2 hours with all the stops inbetween, so for those two hours I was able to stare out into the English countryside, and have a good couple hours of journaling and getting some thoughts onto paper. Ahh...it felt good :-)

When I arrived Dover, I really had no idea where the castle was or where I was going....but about 5 min of walking on a random road I looked up and there it was. The castle sits on hill and the town is beneath it, so it is not hard at all to see the castle. It is such a long hike up the hill to the actual castle, but it was good because I hadn't gotten a workout in that day!


Since I really have only been in London, I have really only seen all the buildings and the industrial side of England. Venturing out to Dover gave me a good look at all the country side and all the quaint towns. I was amazed with how green everything was, especially when you got right on the coastline, the green hills contrasting with the background of the blue coast was breathtaking!

The castle was incredible to say the least. It makes me sad because some places you really just cannot explain it's beauty, you just have to be there. That is why I wish you were all with me, because my words to not do justice to how beautiful it was. Just think the total opposite of Texas, and you can imagine it. :-)













I wish I could say I had awesome weather while I was in Dover, but unfortunatly that was not the case. There was one point, thankfully I was done with the castle, that it was pouring and I mean like Texas thunderstorm rain. Because of the downpour I was unable to go to the top of the White Cliffs...I was so bummed. You all know how much I love doing stuff like hiking along the coastline and being able to wandered into unknown territory to just explore, and I did try but it was raining so hard and ontop of that was so cold! Oh well, it was still so beautiful!

It was pretty rewarding doing this little day trip by myself, like I said earlier it gave me some time to have some reflection of this whole trip and the exploration of faith. I know at the beginning of my journey over here it was pretty lonley and I was pretty discouraged. The last week for me has revealed a lot of areas of my life that I didn't know existed. I won't go into details, but I came to the realization that I will forever be sharing experiences like this with someone, and I am really looking forward to that, but right now being alone is more rewarding then anything I have ever experienced. The quest to come over here and find myself has been accomplished, and not only have I found who I am again, but also have found out how exactly to live my life to the fullest. I felt like I had been through the ringer the past couple months, with things ending and new things taking place, and I was lost in the mix of it all.

I read a good quote the other day by Donald Miller it said:

"I want to keep walking away from the person I was a moment ago, because a mind was made to figure things out, not to read the same page recurrently."

When I read that it spoke volumes to me and what I had been going through. Now that I feel as if I have my confidence back and have proved to myself that I can do things I didn't think I could, I want to continue on that path. Even though I feel more grounded in who I am, I still want to seek out new things. I figured out that the past year or so I had been pretty stagnant in life, and I think it took a trip like this to really put everything into perspective. I don't want to read the same page over and over again, I am excited to seek out the unknown territory because I know that it will produce awesome adventures to embark upon.

In his love-
Faithie

No comments:

Post a Comment