Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hey followers!! :-) It has been such a long and fun weekend!! I will get right to it.
I walked over to Westminster Train station to head over to Brixton to begin helping out with shooting for Jake and all his film buddies. Oh and for all you guys that love the trains in London like I do here you go....hehe :-)


I love all the public transportation over here and wish we had more of it in Dallas!

Alright so I arrive in Brixton, and I have the directions to the flat that I am suppossed to be meeting everyone at. I turn right outside the train station which I thought was correct and bumped into Jake and his buddy Anthony. Yea I was totally headed the wrong direction but thankfully they were there to help me out....embarassing.

Jake and Anothony had to find a couple of supplies before they started filming so I was able to see the Brixton side of London, which was pretty much the same, but everything in London has character. We headed back to the flat to a large croud, which was very intimidating at first. Let's see if I can list all their names now. Ok there was Jake, Anthony, Frankie, Nadia, Nina, John, Tom, Gregg, Francis, Liem, David, Ned, Julia, and myself. Whew...I got them all I think :-) Anyway it was a little overwhelming at first but thankfully I had hung out with Jake before and could get to know people through him.

I am going to skip past a lot of details that went on most of the day, but let me just say I have such a better appreciation for people in the film business. It is such hard work, and so detail oriented to a crazy degree. All those people had their own passions and you saw it come alive when they all worked together, which was amazing and so fun to be apart of.

They were filming all the way from 1 to 7 nonstop, but then came the World Cup! We all had dinner sat around the tv, had a few drinks and cheered for our favorite team. There were 6 US people there and 6 Brits so it was the perfect combo for the game. It was so much fun....take a look :-)


Sad to say but that was all the pictures I took of watching the game, I felt bad to be flashing the camera everywhere when that was what they had been doing all day. You can kind of get the feel for how it was though....there was tons more people behind me. So much fun!

I stayed and hung out all day with everyone until late that night around 12 because I had to catch the tube before it closed.

The next morning I met up with Jake and we went to the 9:30 service at Holy Trinity Brompton, you all should really check out their website they are doing some amazing stuff here in London uniting believers everywhere. What they do that was really awesome to me is the take old abandoned cathedralls and churchs in London that will either get knocked down or sold to a bad cause, and they buy it and create a place for people to come and worhsip the Lord. Get it back to what the purpose was for that building. They are just now buying one that is in a bad area of London and really keying in on reaching out to the lost...so powerful! The service was awesome and so chill, just people coming together to worship.
After church me and Jake got on the train station and headed all the way up to North London. The train ride always go by faster when you have someone to talk to! haha...Oh yea I forgot to tell you I decided to come out another day and shoot with them! So Jake and I arrived in North London with the producer David waiting to pick us and some of the other actors up, in a teeny tiny van with no seats in the back. We all pilled in together like sardines...I snapped of picture of Jake and I cramed together haha...fun times.



haha...that picture makes me laugh!
We finally got to the set which was at a abandoned youth center, all the filming here in North London would be outside. I took a couple of pictures of Jake in action with his 7D camera...I was his assitant :-)


I actually got to be the clapper on the set! It was so much fun...but I totally forgot to take a picture of me in action...oh well here is more of everyone else!


This next shot is Julia and I, she was the make up artist...and she was AMAZING! and so sweet...

Here is Nina with the sound....poor girl was so frustrated with all of us!
So after we got done filming in this location we all pilled into Nina's car and drove all the way to South London to the flat again to film more. Jake was worried that I was bored the whole time, but it was so much fun!! I loved seeing all the behind the scenes action...plus all the people were so welcoming and awesome. These next two shots are in the flat in the the filming of a poker scene, the smoke machine went a little crazy sometimes.

Nadia, the one in the red pants cooked some awesome curry this night for dinner for us all!! So delish!





Being able to hang out with all of these very talented people was so amazing! I literally loved every second I was with them all. I love people with a certain passion, and going over a scene many many times and then finally getting it where it looks like perfection, brings out the passion they have for this. It was lovely to meet all of them!

Ok, that's it for now...this is getting too long and I am sure I have lost most of you by this point. :-) Love you all...talk soon!

Faithie

No comments:

Post a Comment