Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Monday was a bank holiday here in England so I also had the day off, having a three day weekend really helped me map out where everything was and how to get there. That morning I wasn't feeling too well so I didn't get out of the hotel until about 11. My first stop was around the corner to get a bite to eat, doing it American style :-)

I hadn't planned out my day that morning becuase I wasn't feeling well, so after my delicious lunch I headed to the Westminster Train Station to look at a map and decide where I was going. On the way into the train station there were two guys having a little fun and playing a little music, the black man is there every single day and I am actually now friends with him :-) I love happy people, I will always look for them in the croud and surround myself with their happy spirit....It's contagious.

After leaving Benji in the tunnel I decided that I would go through the streets of London again on foot and just see what I stumble upon. First up was Trafalga Square. London seems like such a social place, there are "squares" everywhere filled with tons of people and every square is lined with pubs with people standing outside with a glass of wine or a local beer. I also have to take into consideration that it is summer and so tons of these people are tourists just like me. I am trying my hardest to not look like a tourist by the way, but taking all of these pictures normally gives it away. At least I am not wearing a "I LOVE LONDON" T-Shirt along with a fanny pack strapped to my waist. :-)



I looked down on my map and realized I was not far from Chinatown, I was so excited!! Around every corner is a totally new experience, especially in Chinatown! I felt like I was actually in China for a little while haha. I came across a group of guys that were playing Chinese Checkers, just a old man smoking a cigar battling with a young hot shot. I hope the old guy won :-)





Eww....

Picadilly Circus was right around the corner from Chinatown so I ended up there. It literally felt like a circus because of so many people and cars all in a very tight area. I took pictures with some other tourists, not sure what their names were though haha.




Soho was my next journey, it is the fashion district of London. Regent street is full of shops and then back a couple blocks is all of Soho. Most of the Soho shops are boutique type places and all the chain stores are on Regent Street. Regent Street goes forever with hundreds and hundreds of shops, any girls dream. Soho was more my style so I spent most of my time roaming around those kinds of shops. The fashion here is amazing and so different and quarky, I am taking so many notes so I can reinvent my wardrobe when I get home!




The WORLD CUP is coming up soon!! Every pub has a sign outside that is planning for the big World Cup Party. England vs USA!! Now all I have to do is pick out which pub I am going to celebrate at. In my heart I will be cheering for USA, but while in London I will wear the English Jersey (or else I would probably get beat up...literally). I wish they both could win! haha



I headed back to the hotel and decided to have a bite to eat downstairs. Everyone knows that I am American becuase I just randomly start up a conversation with strangers, it's so fun! I met so many amazing people in my two hours last night so it was well worth it! Two guys were from Bulgaria, another man I talked to was from Denmark, then I talked to a lady that was from Germany, and finally I talked to a couple that was from Scotland, I was very excited to talk to them because I will be going to Scotland soon! Here is a picture of my friend Mary who was from Germany, she was so sweet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment